The history of the Jaycox-Jaworski funeral home traces back to the 19th Century. The originators were the Volk family. They established a livery and funeral service in 1878. The funeral home's original location was in the Downtown McKeesport area. The Volk family then partnered with the prominent Jaycox family of McKeesport, specifically Hamilton Melvin Jaycox, to form the Volk-Jaycox Funeral Home in the 1930's. Mr. Jaycox purchased a doctor's office at the corner of Fawcett Avenue and O'Neil Boulevard on the borderline of McKeesport and White Oak, the funeral home's current location. After two major additions, the doctor's office was transformed into the Jaycox Funeral Home.
When Mr. Jaycox died in April of 1968, his widow, the now late Rhoberta T. Jaycox continued to operate the funeral home under a Widow's License and was in need of a full-time supervisor, she hired Felix A. "Don" Jaworski for the position. Mr. Jaworski supervised the funeral home from 1968 until 1980 at which time he purchased the operations from Mrs. Jaycox and thus became the Jaycox-Jaworski Funeral Home. Numerous renovations were done to the funeral home and adjacent properties were purchased and demolished to establish additional parking. Felix A. Jaworski died on July 31, 1999 at the age of 59. His son Jay A. Jaworski succeeded him as supervisor and continued to operate the funeral home until September of 2015.
Upon Jay Jaworski's retirement, he carefully chose Chris Odasso, owner of the Willig Funeral Home & Crematory in McKeesport to continue the Jaycox-Jaworski Funeral Home's tradition of providing excellent service to our families and the community. Working with Chris are Michael Swartz, a native of Liberty Borough, and his wife Emily Swartz, experienced funeral directors who share a passion and vision for the funeral profession.